Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween Banner with Tulle Spiderwebs

I am so excited to share my Halloween banner!!!! I've been looking online for cute ideas and when I went to Hobby Lobby my ideas kept evolving until I came up with this:

As you can see I have an orange background, black letters, silver sparkly spider webs, and tulle that I used for underneath every other spiderweb.
I first started by laying down the paper in the right order. Making this shape for the banner was easy. I cut the paper into rectangles of 4x6 and created a template and cut out all of the other papers out.

For the letters with the tulle on it, I first glued down the letter.
I cut strips of tulle roughly 14x6. Along the short side I gathered the whole piece by folding it back and forth like an accordion and twisting the middle in place. I just easily used a hot glue gun for the center and let that dry.

I glued the tulle on top of the letter somewhere

I cut out these spiderwebs (and the black letters) with my Cricut. I used a silver polka-dotted paper with glitter circles which created a really cool effect on the spiderweb.

For everyother letter, I would glue the letter entangled in a spiderweb. After I was done with all of the letters, I layed them down on a sparkly black ribbon I found.



I decided that I didn't want to cut into the paper (especially since I used letters that were large) so I hot glued the letters on top of the ribbon.

I glued the 'flags' of the banner about 1/2 an inch apart.

The lighting in the room is soft so it might not be too clear but here is the banner that I put on the wall to take pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one and thank you for stopping by.